Friday, September 11, 2009

Shynola Coldplay video

If you haven't seen Coldplay's "Strawberry Swing" music video (done by Shynola), CHECK IT OUT! This video is incredible. The entire video is composed of animated chalk drawings, all done by hand. Not only is the feat of hand drawing the entire animation beyond impressive, the imagery really creates such a story.

I read an interview with Chris Harding of Shynola and after being asked if he had the idea of the video before he heard the song, or if the song inspired him, he answered that he is always inspired by the music first. I think this is so important. It is always good to keep inspirational imagery, sketches, textures, and so on, but it is so important be inspired by each new project. From my own experience, I have noticed that I come up with much better concepts when I am starting fresh with each new project rather than pulling from a database of concepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment