Friday, September 4, 2009

Yanko Design Team

Yanko Design Team has an online magazine about form beyond function. The magazine showcases the worlds best designs in architecture, industrial design, interior design, environmental design, etc. Yanko Design is all about merging the modern with the classic to create unique objects that introduce new technology or simply improve on existing technologies. Most of the pieces being shown in the magazine are conceptual pieces that really get the reader to think.

One of the more recent posts I found interesting in the magazine is the "Seeds in the Bottle" water bottle. This product is promoting the idea recycling water bottles in a new way. 77% of plastic water bottles end up in landfills and this product aims at creating a secondary use for the bottle. After it is used, there is a pocket that contains plant seeds, which are released into the bottle after use. When potting soil is added to the inverted bottle, it becomes a planter.

I think that this is a really cool idea. I personally try not to even buy plastic water bottles, but when I do, I always make sure to recycle them. If nothing else the article at least gets me to think about my own usage of plastic water bottles.

http://www.yankodesign.com/2009/09/03/seeds-in-the-bottle-by-yun-hwan-sung/

No comments:

Post a Comment